Norsan Media is looking for a passionate journalist to write articles while providing pictures or videos as needed. This journalist will work with our team to determine desired subject matter considering the market. To excel in this role, the journalist must be friendly, self-motivated, and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. The expectation is that content is provided in a timely and accurate manner. This content should be informational and captivating to the reader.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess leads and pitch captivating story ideas.
- Provided original, grammatically correct content as requested.
- Ensure that you meet all regular and recurring deadlines.
- Take pictures and/or video at every activity covered.
- Use all your findings to prepare clean, concise and factual articles.
- Adhere to the ethical code of the profession.
- Keep records of all notes, interviews, and audio files.
- Create trustworthy relationships with contacts and sources for use in future research.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest news developments.
- Collect, verify and decipher data.
- Travel as needed to other markets or specific events.
- May work outside of business hours and on weekends.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or journalism preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Communications.
- Spanish required; bilingual preferred (Spanish & English)
- Driver's License.
- Capable of maintaining an ethical and objective standard in reporting.
- Ability to meet deadlines and accurately fact-check information.
- Excellent observation and judgment skills.
- Superb communication and networking skills, along with an aptitude to effectively extract information.